Just a bit of boring legal stuff from the white collared people. We adhere to this policy for your benefit, but there is nothing to worry about.
We only use your information to make your experience on our website a little better. We've set out below what we do and what it means to you. By all means should you have any queries, just drop us a quick email (using our contact form).
Definitions and interpretation
data: collectively all information that you submit to FLOWERFIX via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the data protection act 1998;
cookies: a small text filed placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (cookies);
FLOWERFIX (we or us).
Uk and eu cookie law: the privacy and electronic communications (ec directive) regulations 2003 as amended by the privacy and electronic communication (ec directive) (amendment) regulations 2011;
user or you: any third party that accesses the website and is not either (a) employed by FLOWERFIX and acting in the course of their employment or (b) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to FLOWERFIX and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
website: the website that you are currently using, www.flowerfix.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you.
Information you voluntarily provide:
b. Date of birth;
d. Contact information such as mailing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
e. Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers.
By giving us this information, you consent to this information being collected, used, disclosed and transferred.
Information we collect automatically:
f. Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
g. IP addresses, operating system and device type (automatically collected)
Out of use data
- For purposes of the data protection act 1998 FLOWERFIX is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any data you submit for 12 months.
The data protection laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the act:
The right to be informed;
The right of access;
The right to rectification;
The right to erasure;
The right to restrict processing;
The right to data portability;
The right to object; and
The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You have the right to request your data at anytime, and you can do this simply by accessing the link below or contacting us [fao privacy compliance officer] using the button below:
In the event access requests are made, FLOWERFIX will provide the requested data within a period of 30 days. You may have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and the judicial remedy.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the information commissioner’s office [ICO] (as of 25th may 2018, the data protection authority). If you are unhappy about the way we have dealt with your personal data and information. You can find details on the ICO website at www.ico.org.uk
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the data protection act 1998 and the general data protection regulation (gdpr). For more details on security see the clause below (security).
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. Internal record keeping;
b. Improvement of our products / services;
c. Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website;
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- FLOWERFIX may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
- We may also disclose data to prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
- Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict us of that data. This may include the following:
- Use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
- Sharing data with third parties.
Functionality of the website
- To use all features and functions available on the website, you may be required to submit certain data.
ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by FLOWERFIX (where such data is held).
- Data security is of great importance to FLOWERFIX and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
- All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current uk and eu cookie law.
- The website automatically places cookies on your computer , you will be presented with a message bar advising you of cookies with options to enable or disable certain cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling flowerfix to provide a better experience and service to you. You may if you wish deny consent in placing of cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
- This website may place the following cookies:
strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use of shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around on our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Social media network cookies:
These cookies are necessary to allow your social media accounts to interact with our website. For example, they are used to share it with your social networking friends. The social network cookies are not needed for navigation. For more information on the policies regarding the use of social network cookies, please consult the respective networks privacy and cookies policies:
- You can also choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the european economic area (eea). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the eea or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the eea. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the eea. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the eea.
Analytics (such as google analytics)
- In order to be able to offer you klarna’s payment options, we will pass to klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
- We use google analytics and other analytics software to compile analytics such as how often users visit our websites. The analytics softwares collect the ip address assigned to you when you visit our websites. We only use the information we get from google analytics and the like to maintain and improve the technical performance of our websites. We do not combine the information collected through the use of google analytics with personally identifiable information. You may opt out and prevent google analytics to use your data, please use the google analytics opt out tool
- Our websites feature social media buttons. The buttons are used by the providers of these third party services to collect your personal data.
TARGETED ADVERTISEMENTS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
- Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the network advertising initiative’s (“nai”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Flowerfix take the protection of children very seriously and as such the users of the website will be required to be over the age of 16. Any underage users will be required to obtain consent from you (the user) and us (flowerfix) by law requiring us to contact you to obtain consent from persons holding parental responsibility.
- By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site terms and conditions of use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- In no event shall flowerfixor its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption), arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on flowerfix's internet site, even if flowerfix or a flowerfix authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- The materials appearing on flowerfix's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Flowerfix does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Flowerfix may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Flowerfix does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact flowerfix via email at firstname.lastname@example.org